Thursday, June 28, 2012

Wedding Day!


Wedding Anniversary: February 27th, 1944

Maid of Honor: Carolyn Stevens

Sara was 5'2" and 100lbs on her wedding day

Singer at the wedding: Kenny Gardner, Part of Guy Lombardo's Band. He served in the Army with Howard at Fort Benning, GA.


The signet ring that Howard is wearing was a Christmas gift from his parents. It is black onyx and has the initials "HB" engraved and then filled with gold.

Were there any glitches at the wedding? Anything memorable that happened?

Not particularly. It was a small Army ceremony. My groomsmen were a few men from my troop. The reception was small and held at Sara’s parents’ home. But when we were leaving the reception, we got to the car and we were getting in when I realized I did not have my hat. My Army hat – in which inside was our marriage certificate! I had left it back in the house! Fortunately, I remembered it at that point in time.



No comments:

Post a Comment