Pete: That chapel at Valley Forge. Beautiful.
Colonel: Washington Memorial Chapel! Episcopal. 1915. I think they started construction a year or two before that. I think it was formally dedicated as I recall, 1915. And its in its original state, just as it was when I was a kid growing up.
Pete: Yeah we visited Valley Forge and it was a good time!
Colonel: That's in its original state. I know! I was a kid going in and out as a beginner at that chapel. Dr. Burk and things like that. I was never a member of the chapel, I'm not of the Episcopal faith. But on the other hand, i've seemed to know all the rector's over the years for one reason or another. Because I lived over there, or the military, we have a service in November and that sort of thing. Now he's actually retired from the Lutheran church, but he's an interim Pastor there! He's been there at least 3 years. And I don't know what the Episcopal plans are for him, but he's still interim. Maybe he can't, maybe he's not accepted into the Episcopal faith because he's a Lutheran background. I don't know.
No comments:
Post a Comment