Friday, February 28, 2014

Paris, France

Colonel: You'll find some interesting customs in Paris.

Michelle: Like what?!

Colonel: Dogs. Sitting on the bench. In restaurants. You take the dog in with you and the dog sits on the bench next to you.

Sara: Why that would be nice! Wouldn't that be fun! I'd love to do that! I love my dog!

Colonel: I know you do!

Michelle: When did you go to Paris?

Colonel: I went in briefly at the end of WWII. That was a very limited, restricted and so on. I don't remember the year that we went, hmmm. But it was part of a tourist group that we went to Paris and spent time there. During the war, it was after the war actually, I was scheduling a truck from where we were, loaded up to GI's going to Paris. Go to the city, spend the day and so on and so on. So they had the experience of seeing Paris. We got up to the first level of the Eiffel Tower. I saw the first level, ya know, it goes up and then up - that was as high as it went. It was undergoing construction.


No comments:

Post a Comment