Friday, February 21, 2014

Meeting the Parents


Michelle to Trish: Did you know Colonel didn’t meet Sara’s brothers before their wedding?

Sara: Andrew or James?

Colonel: I know I didn’t not see Andrew. I’m trying to think if I saw James. He may have gotten off… They were both in the service and Andrew was in the Fiji Islands. And uh… I don’t think James had yet gone to Attu. I think he was at the wedding. But military, you don’t know when you’re going to get off. I’m trying to think – yes! Yes! James was at our wedding!

Michelle: But you didn’t meet him before that?

Colonel: No, no. heh! Heh!

Trish: Do you remember meeting her parents?

Colonel: Not reeeeeally. I know I did!

Trish: You weren’t too nervous?

Colonel: No, heh, heh.

Sara: My parents would have never made him nervous. They were just so sweet and good. They wouldn’t have made him nervous. Probably not as nervous as I made him!

Colonel: It was wartime and we were pretty much deciding things ourselves. But like I told you – the Army decided when we were going to be married. If we wanted to take a vacation or trip or honeymoon to Florida and they determined when I could have the time off! I just didn’t take it except when they said I could!

No comments:

Post a Comment