Colonel: They have changed the college times over the years –
semesters to the quarters and so on. What is this?
Trish: We’re
semesters, so we go August to December. So we just have fall semester and
spring semester.
Colonel: We were on semesters but we start until Labor Day.
And we concluded the first semester at the end of January. And then we ran
January through June.
Michelle: Did you have
off for the holidays?
Colonel: Yes. Briefly, but yes we did.
Michelle: Did you ever
take summer classes?
Colonel: I had to go to school in the summer for academic
reasons. In other words between my freshmen and sophomore year, I had forestry classes
at Mont Alto. Wait, I had those mixes up… Between my sophomore and junior year
I had forestry classes all summer. Between my junior and senior year I had military.
I went to an Army base in the summer. I worked one summer at a spring water
plant. Bottling water. I remember the day I cracked up a 5-gallon bottle of
water. Water all over everywhere! The owner wasn’t very happy with me. The
water bottles would come out of the washer and be filled and they were wet and
the label was thrust onto the side of this wet bottle of water. That was the
way it stuck.
Michelle: It was
glass?
Colonel: Oh yeah! It had an adhesive so when you slapped it
onto the bottle of water, it stuck!
Michelle: So you
return the bottles and wash them? Like milk was circulated?
Colonel: Oh yeah! They all came back. They were 5 gallon
bottles. They all came back. The drivers of the trucks would deliver the water
and pick up the empties. They washed them one day a week. Washing those bottles
was a big undertaking. They had a big machine. Scalding hot water was forced
into the bottles, that were upside-down.
No comments:
Post a Comment