Monday, February 10, 2014

Thanksgiving 2013


Michelle: How was your Thanksgiving this year [2013]?

Colonel: It was very nice. We had 10 people. The table was arranged different then it is right now. But it was family and these two friends who have been with us for 10 or 12 years. I may have told you about them. He was a loadmaster on a cargo ship flying from Dover Air Force Base flying to Afghanistan. And he was the loadmaster, which meant he loaded the plane, to balance it and so on. And then, he got on the plane but there was nothing for him to do. Just the long, non-stop flight to Afghanistan. So he learned to cook! So he cooked our turkey! It was so good! I’ve learned you don’t just put the turkey in the oven. It’s a big deal. You put spices on it and all of these kinds of things. I had a turkey leg last night leftover, I like those, I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment