Monday, March 17, 2014

Burger King


I missed the beginning of the story, but here is the story of a friend who served with Colonel at Fort Benning!

Colonel: He was the one with who was treasurer of Eelbeck Milling Company in that picture. He was in the Air Force, came back and he then worked for different people. The last one that he wrote to me about, we went to work for Burger King. Burger King had 6 stores in Florida - Miami. And he went with them as treasurer and he was with them during the expansion. And he would ask me to go to different towns and take pictures of places they called Burger King because they might want to sue them for taking their name and stuff like that and so on. The happy part is, he married and we were at his wedding in Atlanta and all that thing, he came down with Leukemia and it was fatal. Lost him.

He made the right decision because at one time he was with a clothing store. I have forgotten which one. Always financial, as a financial officer and so on. He told me in a letter that leukemia and I scheduled a visit to see him. And he knew it was going to be fatal, he knew it. He worked up until he could leave.

I was glad to see him become successful, he had worked so hard. He eventually wound up at the Wharton Business School at the University of Pennsylvania before he went to Burger King and all. He was good – worked hard.

Michelle: How did you meet him?

Colonel: At Fort Benning. Yeah, yeah. 


Michelle: What other famous people do you know?!

Colonel: Kenny Gardner!

Michelle: I remember him! Sang at your wedding!

Colonel: I’m trying to think if there are any others… I got to know General Westmoreland in Iwo Jima in Vietnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment