Michelle: Do you remember when you got your first TV?
Colonel: Yes! We were living on Pottstown Pike. Our first stint in West Chester before we went to the mid-west.
Michelle: With your family or with Sara?
Colonel: No, we were married and the war was over. We were just back from the war.
Michelle: Sounds like a big deal!
Colonel: Oh yeah!!! Black and white, of course. We had four rooms in a house. You may know it now as a veterinarians house. Right next to a big stone house, next to the veterinarians place. Anyway we had four rooms in that house. Housing was not easy to find at that time.
Michelle: Why? No one was building?
Colonel: No one had been building. Building shut down during the war. And it had not recouped to fill the needs. So it was hard to find places. Yeah, Pottstown Pike.
Michelle: When did you get your first color TV?
Colonel: ... Do not remember. Do not remember. I have not the faintest idea. It was after we went to the mid-west. We were in Indianapolis 6 years before we went to Champagne. In both of those places we had houses, we had our own home and so on. Do you recall when we got our first color TV?
Sara: No.
Michelle: Was there a TV show you always watched?
Colonel: Yeah. I was never really, all that caught up with television. Penn State football game - yes! But the other programs which were on TV, I just never really got all that caught up in them. Some enjoy them - and thats good, i'm happy for them. But i'm just, yeah.
Michelle: Sara, was there anything you liked to watch?
Sara: None particularly.
Colonel: How about "I Love Lucy!"?
Sara: So-so. I used to watch it. I used to think that was the best one. But I don't know about now.
Michelle: They still show that now! Its a classic!
Sara: It was so good back then, everybody was watching it! But I haven't seen one in so long, i've sort of lost interest.
No comments:
Post a Comment