Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Southern Army Transportation


I got this job [offer] in Fort Houston in Virginia, short month or two weeks or something of that nature, so I did. And I learned all kinds of things about the transportation field that I did during that period of time that I was there.

One of them when you report in on a particular day at an office, you’re liable to have 5, 6 drivers waiting at the door. They wanted to be the first ones in line to get a staff car for their full Colonel for whoever they could have drive it. And if they didn’t get there right then, there might not be any left. And that full Colonel was going to have to ride in a Jeep instead of their staff car! Human nature, you know!

So I opened the door and said, “Who’s first!”. And the first staff car was an enclosed car. Not that open Jeep!

No comments:

Post a Comment