Michelle:
Do you have any other weapons?
Colonel:
I have a 22, I gave the 9 to the museum. The 9 millimeter. I have one unusual
one. As you grip it, your fingers are normally on the trigger in an encasement.
This one has a section ahead of that so that you can draw it further in. It’s
the only one I’ve ever seen. It has some function, I don’t remember what it
was. It wouldn’t be to throw out the shell. I’ll get Bill to bring it next time
you’re home, it’ll be here.
When I
was doing target shooting in Penn State, it was with a 45 frame, but 22
caliber. 45 is expensive ammunition. And so for target shooting on a 45 frame,
they chamber it for 22 caliber shells. The 45 I have is the real thing, but for
most range firing they use 22. The Germans made 9 millimeter popular.
The
strange one though. I brought that one home because I thought it was usual and
I had never seen it before!
[Pete
pulls up some photos of guns on his phone to try and figure out which it is –
no luck though, but the following description is as follows]
Yeah, I
brought that one back from overseas. Its like a double gripe, in front of the
normal one. The magazine is in the handle. It had a guard over your trigger
finger. Magazine in the stock. It comes out in front of the trigger guard. Its unusual.
I’ve never seen one like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment