Tuesday, February 5, 2013

1940's Photoshop

That is actually two photographs. I took it on a 16 millimeter camera. That was my sophomore year at Penn State College.

I covered half of the camera, sat a the table and exposed only one half of the lens. I covered it with something, I don’t remember. Then I moved around to the other side of the desk, didn’t move the camera. And opened up the other side of the lens and exposed it! That way there are two pictures taken at the same location, same person. 

I took the roll of film to the local drug store. Nothing was developed locally, it was all sent away.

It was possible to put both of those exposures on one exposure, in other words. I took half a picture, and then it was possible on the camera to expose the other half of that particular exposure. In other words, the roll had 20 exposure and you took all 20 on the roll. And then you reversed it all the way to the beginning and took it to the drug store to be printed. So it was printed according to today’s standards. It went from there to the typical 35 millimeter, which was also a roll of film. And you could get 20 exposures or 36 exposures on that roll. 

Twenty years from now, people will be saying it is so funny to be putting them on a computer!



No comments:

Post a Comment