Friday, November 23, 2012

Proposal and Engagement


How did you propose to Sara?

We never had a formal proposal. We just sort of assumed. As we just got to know each other better. We met on July the 25th, 1943... and I gave her an engagement ring on December the 25th, 1943... and we were married February 27th of 1944. We knew each other 6 months before we were formally engagement. [Sara: He got me a very pretty one. Showing her ring]. We married in February after we had met in July. 

Michelle: That was pretty quick!

Colonel: Yeah! Yeah!

Sara: He lived at Fort Benning and there were gobs of guys!

Michelle: He had to snatch you up quick!

Sara: Yeah! Yeah! I knew two ladies that were in charge of the USO that would have parties for the guys. Little dances, or something else. And they were always calling me to come over and bring some friends so we could have some girls there for the boys. So I could meet lots of guys! But I didn't meet him that way. 

See this link to find out how they met!


No comments:

Post a Comment